History of Company
In 1929 Charles Lee opened his first laundry in Rochester, NY. Later they moved the plant to Leroy NY, where it operated until 1973 when it was lost to a fire and closed up.
Charles Lee Jr. and Wilson Kibler began North East Cleaners in Buffalo in 1955 on Broad Street in Tonawanda. In 1971 the company went through an Urban Renewal Project and had new facilities built on 99 Niagara Street, in the City of Tonawanda where the company is still located today.
In January of 1979 Tom, Terry and Mike Lee, sons of Charles Jr., purchased North East Cleaners from Wilson Kibler and Charles Lee. At this time the company had 15 employees. Over the years the sons expanded business, imrpoving the building and equipment inventory by hard work on behalf of our employee’s as well as commitment from the owners.
During the 1990’s North East has purchased several small cleaners. This enabled N.E.C. to serve their customers more efficiently.
In 1997 the Lee’s purchased Big Four Cleaners in Kenmore, NY as well as Big Four's other location in Williamsville, NY. The Tripi family established Big Four Cleaners in the 1950’s.
North East Cleaner's continued commitment to service and quality has led to both increases in business and employment. It is only with a continual team effort that our goal to maintain the best service and highest quality will continue. Today North East Cleaners employs over 50 people.